Well after a few days of using Google+ I have to say I am hooked. Not only is it a great platform, no games or farms is great for me as they are just noise.
But some of the things I really like are:
- Being able to send messages to different groups or circles as Google calls them. This means you can target the right message to the right person or company, I can see this having an impact on email broadcast
- Being able to add people to these circles just by dragging them in
- The ability to create circles really quickly and then move on
- Searching for people with profiles is also a synch and then adding them to one or more circle
- The really uncluttered look and feel of the platform is great and let’s hope it stays that way
- The app for my android phone is just amazing and the ‘nearby’ function is great to find and hook up with people in your locale
- For us oldies it’s like Facebook for grown-ups, which I love
- For business it’s like a cross between LinkedIn and Facebook again which I really like
A short list for now but I think it will evolve over the coming weeks and months into something quite different as more ordinary people and businesses begin to find it and interact and form their own circles, seems at the moment that its full of techies, bloggers and geeks, which I sort of count myself among, though please feel free to correct me if I am wrong
So why should you use it? Well I have the feeling this will be the next big thing for businesses to communicate and if Google decide to add a jobs platform to it, which could spell the end for LinkedIn, although I hope not as I really rather like LinkedIn.
Anyway why not request an invitation and join in? I loved the first few days of getting to know it and making all kinds of mistakes but for me that’s the fun of learning. There is still aways to go but the nice thing is everyone’s kind of learning together, which again is great.
See you on the +side