Well you should have a blog attached to your website, or like me maybe think about the blog being the main focus of your website, but why should you give your site over to a blog and what are the benefits of doing it.
This is my list, its by no means exhaustive:
- It can be a major source of information for your visitors, clients and potential clients about your business
- You can also keep them informed of what is happening in the company such as latest news on services and products etc.
- Once you start to blog regularly visitors will come back to find out what you have to say
- You should blog at least once a week to keep up visitor loyalty
- Find a niche area to blog about then you are more likely to attract visitors, better that than try to break into a crowded market
- Always end with a question that contributors can reply to
- Ask someone in your niche area to be a ‘guest blogger’ as this will also attract new visitors
- When you Tweet, update Facebook etc always try to get the person reading your update back to your site as there is more chance of getting them hooked on a product or service
- Keep your writing in a conversational style and remember you are talking to your audience and not at them.
I hope this has made you think about blogging as this is a great way to get started and will help in truly engaging your visitors.
If you do decide to blog then point to them as I would love to take a look.
photo credit: KMiDigital